Thursday, August 13, 2009

SUMMERTIME

Not until a friend asked how I plan to spend the summer did I realise summer was around or is it already in? So, I took my time to ponder on what I want to do for summer, at least I deserve a break after the long day and night work thing even if my job involves half work and half fun, is it even fun? Somehow it is, but the fun is no where near the amount of energy you release…in fact na wha!
But wait! Is there summer in Nigeria? Anyhow sha I still want to live in that sate for a moment, so here, I share my summer wannabe.
Summertime and the living is easy. Happily, so are we women, sunshine on skin, long soft evenings, bare legs, naked shoulders…Warm weather does wonders for a girl’s libido. As for moi, I plan to use my time well, choose my targets wisely, and be steps away from a sex-drenched summer.
The issue is a location – can you enjoy a good summer in Nigeria? Well, I’m yet to find out about that. But do you need to leave the country; of course there is plenty of skirt closer to home.








There’s one thing I keep in mind when I need good time out or just say fun – season- I ask myself “what’s my season?” Yes, my season really determines me. I target events such as Sports events at the Polo Resort; you know those sorts, all game, music and fun. There’s something fun about an occasion, especially one where you get to dress up. For these gigs, neither the tickets nor the outfit comes cheap, and then is the dress, shoes, hair to impress the horses. And certainly I have to get my money’s worth in return, I make sure I get a throw of champagne and under that crisp white frock; I get frisky as a mare. All I need do is present myself elegantly and find a decent wingman (while I leave the girls lynching evidently, they can wait), catch his eye and saunter him over to ask for a check (status and updates I mean), after the cool giggling chat we simply walk away separately while I get back to the ladies, then we move the party home.
Perhaps we run into each other in future, the ice will be broken, and I can lead him on a personal tour of the grounds – and possibly the bushes. Weddings significantly up the ante this season, so in addition to designer dresses, drinking and the like, floodgates of emotions are let loose. Flashing through my mind will be the hope that love does exist, lust for ivory my other part, and a creeping fear everyone else is getting married and she’ll be left on the shelf. But with this cocktail of excitement, envy and anxiety, life could only be much easier. With all these I start imagining visibly charming the oldies, dancing with little ones, having a killer opening line and simply wonder if there is such thing as a happy ending. As a result, I’ll just play it right maybe I might get one.
Then there music festivals, fashion shows and one album launch event to another – and I can’t also forget the smaller, invitation-only bashes. The beach is good when I choose it is: I simply hang out in a tent in my nice shorts, Helly Hansen baseball cap; after all a 17-year old look is not wrong for a different summer, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment