Monday, November 29, 2010

A Beautiful Morning Focus

So earlier this morning I was thinking about 'Focus'. Yeah, focus as in the power of concentration, the ability to remain not just determined to a dream but one that maintains your focus on the dream.

Even though I was late for work something in me just made me pause for a while to stare diligently at the charming blue sky for some time right there inside my compound. However, I noticed two amazing things that so far has come to be of great positive impact to my once bothered mind. Here:

(1) First I noticed a bird flying high up in the sky, I stared at it for a while; I watched it fly forth, backwards, in circles and downwards, I enjoyed the whole sight.

(2) Then suddenly I noticed very tiny flies flying in circles or say clusters few metres away from my eyes, I took a quick glance at the flies then returned to the bird. I did that 2,3 times after which I found the little flies interesting and thought to just take few seconds to notice them proper. I did. But when I returned to my main focus - the bird- it was gone.

I was sad, I felt I just lost something tangible. I felt I lost a major substance, deal or even if I may say, project. It however seemed like a coincidence because yesterday night I was pondering deeply on a serious issue which needed fast intervention. And this morning I found a perfect illustration that gave me a clear answer to my list of questions/worries.

See?

Lesson learnt: Because we (humans) bother alot about the little things that really do not matter we end up forgetting the very tangible and needful that need our most concerns.
So here it is, FOCUS ON THE NEEDFUL, THE IMPORTANT AND SEE THE TINY WORRIES HANDLE THEMSELVES.

Good morning and enjoy a beautiful day.

1 comment: